PSB Elementary School organizes experiences to equip children with both life and academic skills necessary for holistic development and global citizenship. The Elementary School serves students in the Kindergarten ages 4-5 and Grade 1-6 ages 6-11.
Kindergarten education prepares children for life through development effective communication arts skills, physical and health well-being skills, creative and self-expression skills. It cultivates in children sense of pride in themselves, their families, culture, heritage and country as it provides experiences for the development of respect of other people and their culture.
The Kindergarten Program focuses on the following developmental domains:
Learning areas which are organized around quarterly curricular themes: Myself and My Family, My Community, My Friends and Things Around Me include English, Science, Math and GMRC (Good Manners and Right Conduct with integration of Citizenship).
- Physical Health, Well-being and Motor Development
- Social-Emotional Development
- Character and Values Development
- Cognitive and Intellectual Development
- Language Development
- Creative and Aesthetic Development
Elementary education continues to develop life skills among learners. It provides learning experiences that help children to:
The learning areas provide experiences that allow students to learn through inquiry, problem solving, communication and collaboration which are necessary lifelong learning skills. Selection of learning experiences considers the development of various learner intelligences and learning styles. Careful selection of processes and outcomes in the various learning areas are laid out in the learning continuum and curriculum plans designed by interdisciplinary teams of teachers.
- Develop knowledge, skills and values essential for personal development
- Grow in skills necessary for inquiry, self-expression , engagement, cooperation and communication
- Realize their role in their families, communities and in the changing world
- Appreciate themselves, their families, their heritage and country while showing understanding, respect and appreciation of the culture of other people
The Primary Grades Program (Grade 1-3) include the study of English, Science, Mathematics, Filipino and MAPEH (Music, Arts, Physical Education and Health). The Intermediate Grades Program (Grade 4-6) adds to the core areas in the Primary Grades Program the study of EPP (E
DUKASYONG PANTAHANAN AT PANGKABUHAYAN).
Students who are Muslims take Islamic Studies.